Maharashtra Day 2022 / Maharashtra Day Information Marathi :- “Mangal Desha Pavitra Desha Maharashtra Desha” What is Maharashtra? Maharashtra is the tolerance taught by saints like Tukaram Maharaj, Bahin Bai, Maharashtra is a state based on the ideas of social reformers, this progressive Maharashtra is enriched by literature.
Maharashtra Day 2022:-
1st May means Maharashtra Day, after the sacrifice of 105 martyrs, united Maharashtra was established on 1st May 1960. Yashwant Rao Chavan became the first Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Before that, 1st May was celebrated as Labor Day since 1811.
But after 1960, Maharashtra Day is also celebrated on this day because of the active participation of the workers in this fight for united Maharashtra, this fight was successful, therefore Labor Day and Maharashtra Day are celebrated with great enthusiasm on this day.
Maharashtra Day >>History of Creation of Maharashtra :-
Even when India became independent in 1947, 105 people had to sacrifice their lives in the fight for United Maharashtra. It happened that on November 21, 1955, the then government resorted to inhuman lathi charge and firing on the march for United Maharashtra. Thousands of people were injured and 105 people lost their lives. took
After that, the agitation became more intense. In this movement, many influential people like Acharya Atre, Senapati Bapat, Prabodhankar Thackeray, Shahir Amar Sheikh, Keshavrao Jedhe, Balasaheb Thackeray protested against the anti-united Maharashtra policies of the government in their own way.
Eventually, the Union Finance Minister C.D. got frustrated with the two-pronged policy of the then Nehru Government regarding United Maharashtra. Deshmukh resigned from his post. Due to this strong movement of the people and the political situation at that time, Union Maharashtra was finally recognized on 21 April 1960 in the Lok Sabha. And on May 1, 1960, the Union of Maharashtra State was formed and then Bombay i.e. now Mumbai was declared as the capital of Maharashtra State.
Maharashtra Day>>Proud Things of Maharashtra:-
Regardless of the region and time, Maharashtra has always been ahead of other states. Maharashtra is imaged as a state that pulls the country’s spending cart. That’s why it is said that “Maharashtra survives if the country survives”.
Be it industry, literature, sports or education, Maharashtra has always been number 1 in the country.
5 Proud Persons of Maharashtra:-
1) Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj who inspired not only India but the whole world was born in this land.
2) Shahu Maharaj and Phule, who gave the message of equality to the country, were born in Maharashtra.
3) Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, who wrote the constitution of India, the largest democracy in the world, is from Maharashtra.
4) Dadasaheb Phalke, who produced the first film, is from here.
5) Sachin Tendulkar, who made the world crazy with his game, came from this Marathi soil.
World countries and Maharashtra:-
1) The area of Maharashtra state is about 307713 sq. km. So much and this area is more than many countries in Europe.
2) The development of any country is based on the movement of that country and the first railway in our country ran from Mumbai to Thane in 1853 in Maharashtra.
3) The richest state in the country is Maharashtra and it has many important financial institutions in the country. such as NSE(National Stock Exchange), BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange), RBI, SEBI have their offices in Maharashtra.
4)Maharashtra receives the largest foreign investment because Maharashtra has always been at the forefront in the industrial sector.
5) The largest planned city not in the country but in the world is in our Maharashtra, and that is Navi Mumbai. In view of the increasing population in Mumbai, the city of Navi Mumbai was built in the 70s and while developing this city, all the planning was done in a systematic manner.
When I see my Maharashtra like this, I want to say only one thing, “Looking ahead at the map of India, fill the lochani with Maharashtra first” This is the importance of my Maharashtra.
Do comment if you like this article.