Miss World 1966>> Until 1966, not only India, but any country in the entire Asian continent miss world He could not win the crown.
She is the woman who performed this alchemy for the first time in 1966 “Rita Faria-Powell”.
She was born on 23 August 1943 in Goan (Goan-is a term used to describe the people of Goa.) happened between parents.
who lived in British Bombay (now Mumbai). She in 1966 “Miss World” and became the first Asian woman to do so.
Rita Faria was an Indian model and doctor. She is the first Miss World winner to qualify as a doctor.
- First, she won the Miss Mumbai title in 1966.
- She then “Eve’s Weekly Miss India” won the competition. (Please don’t get confused, that year “Famine Miss India” This title was won by Yasmin Daji.)
- 1966 Miss World During the competition,Best in Swimsuit‘ And saree due toBest in Eveningwear‘ won these sub-titles.
- In the end, she beat 51 competitors from other countries Miss World 1966 Won this book.
- Naturally, after her 1 year as Miss World, she started getting offers to act in several films.
- But Rita Faria rejected modeling and many films. Instead, she focused on her medical studies.
- Later in 1976, she was called as a judge in the Miss World pageant held in London again. Cindy Breakspear was crowned Miss World in this pageant, where she served as a judge along with Demis Roussos.
- After many years, in 1998, she once again worked as a judge in the “Femina Miss India” competition.
- Since childhood, Rita wanted to serve people in one way or the other. Hence, she chose the medical field after her schooling.
- Rita Faria is a graduate of “Grant Medical College and Sir J. She was a student of J. Group of Hospital”. From here he did MBBS. Obtained the degree of
- After that she went to “King’s College Hospital, London” for further education.
- She married David Powell in London in 1971 and the couple settled in Dublin in 1973, where she started her medical practice.
- Rita Faria has always claimed that her friend urged her to participate in the Miss World pageant, so she entered the pageant just for fun. And they live “Miss World” Won the title of
- She currently resides in County Dublin, Ireland with her husband David, 2 children and 5 grandchildren.
Miss World 1966 Rita Faria-Powell
This woman who truly embodies the saying ‘Beauty with Brain’ will be remembered by the whole of India forever.
Do let us know in the comments what you think of this article.